Dr. Eugenio González Jiménez
Organization for Tropical Studies
P.O. Box 676-2050, San Pedro, Montes de Oca
San Jose, Costa Rica.
Phone (506) 524-0607
Fax: (506) 524-0608
1996-present Organization for Tropical Studies, Costa Rica
Director Palo Verde Biological Station
- Coordination of education, research and development of the Station
- General management of the Station
- Development of research activities for the Tempisque River Basin
1992-1996 Texas A & M University, Texas
- Management of research projects on tropical soils
- Greenhouse and field research with tropical tree species
- Writing proposal and technical papers on tropical forestry
1987-1992 Organization for Tropical Studies, Costa Rica
Manager of TRIALS Research Project at La Selva
- Research on open field plantation for 86 little known tropical tree species
- Long term research on tree-soil interactions
- Education and research on forest resources
- 1996. Ph.D. in Forestry Texas A & M University, Texas
- 1990. Lic. Sc. In Forestry Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica
- 1986. B.Sc. in Forest Science Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica
Recent Project Activities
- Director, January 2000 to May 2001, “Guidelines for the Integrated Management of the Tempisque River Basin”. Sponsored by Costa Rica – United States Foundation
- Director, underway October 2001 to October 2004, “Integrating the Ecological Agriculture in the Development of the Tempisque River Watershed”, Sponsored by AVINA Foundation.
- Co-director, March 2000 to March 2002, “Initiative on Floodplain Conservation of the Tempisque River”, Sponsored by Ducks Unlimited.
- Director, October 2001 to October 2003, “Implementation of Priority Actions for the Integrated Management of the Tempisque River Basin, Sponsored by Costa Rica – United States Foundation.
- Jiménez, J.A. & González, E. (eds.). 2001. La Cuenca del río Tempisque: Perspectivas para un manejo integrado. 1era Edición, Organización para Estudios Tropicales, San José, Costa Rica. 150 p.
- Butterfield R.P. & González, E. 1996 Especies forestales para la reforestación y recuperación de pastizales degradados en las tierras bajas del atlántico húmedo de Costa Rica. Revista Forestal Centroamericana No. 16: 9-15.
- González, E. & Fisher, R.F. 1994. Growth of native forest species planted on abandoned pasture land in Costa Rica. For. Ecol. Manage. 70: 159-167.
- 2001. Scientific Committee for Research of Palo Verde National Park 2000 Environmental Commission for the Tempisque River Basin
- 1999 National Commission for Wetlands, Costa Rica
- 1998. National Commission for Forestry Certification, Costa Rica
- 1998. College of Agriculture Engineers of Costa Rica
- 1996. Ecological Society of America
- 1995. Association of Tropical Biology
- 1993. International Society of Tropical Forestry Engineers
- 1994. Society of American Foresters