Articles on OTS History, Historical Documents, and the Obituaries of OTS Founders and other Personages Involved with OTS
- 1957 May - Report on proposed center for tropical studies, issued by the University of Michigan. Letter by Dr. Theodore H. Hubbell, Chairman.
- 1964 December 18 - Letter from T. Hubbel, University of Michigan to Botany Department, Duke University on Importance of OTS.
- 1967 Article on The Organization for Tropical Studies by Theodore Hubbell, University of Michigan. BioScience, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp 236-240.
- 1967 January 17 - Letter from James Bethel to Donald Stone on state of OTS consortium w attachment.
- 1967 November 24 - Report to Provost, Duke University, from Donald Stone on OTS November 11-12, 1967 Meeting.
- 1970 May 21 - packet to OTS Executive Committee from Donald Stone on Duke University accrediting OTS graduate courses.
- 1973, March 21 - Letter from Donald Stone requesting scholarship support from Duke due to loss of NSF funding for grad courses.
- 1988 Article on The Organization for Tropical Studies, A Success Story in Graduate Training and Research, by Donald Stone, Trop. Forestry.
- 2002. Evolution of the Organization for Tropical Studies by Leslie J. Burlingame.
- 2008 Article on founding of OTS, Present at the Pre-Conception, Conception, and Birth a Personal Perspective by Jay Savage.
- In Memoriam: “Dean Emeritus, Dr. James Bethel, 1915-1999” (University of Washington) and “Joseph M. Reynolds, 1924-1997” (Louisiana State University). Dr. James Bethel and Dr. Joseph Reynolds were founding fathers of OTS.
- In Memoriam: “Jorge R. Campabadal, M., 1936–1989,” an article by Dr. Allen M. Young, Milwaukee Public Museum. Article was never published; given to OTS in May, 1990. Jorge Campabadal was OTS’ first administrator in Costa Rica.
- In Memoriam “Dr. Reed Rollins, 1911–1998.” Dr. Rollins, Harvard University, was a founding father of OTS.
- In Memoriam: “Dr. Stephen Spurr, 1936 -2008,” New York Times obituary. Dr. Spurr, University of Michigan, was a founding father of OTS.
- In Memoriam - Las Cruces Director Luis Diego Gómez 1944 - 2009
- In Memoriam: “Dr. Hugh Popenoe, 1929-2011.” Dr. Popenoe, University of Florida, participated as an observer in the meetings establishing OTS.
- In Memoriam: “Dr. Donald E. Stone, 1930-2011.” Dr. Stone, Duke University, was a faculty participant in an OTS course in 1966, a delegate for Duke University and later a member of the OTS board of Directors. Dr. Stone became OTS’ Executive Director in 1976 and held that position until he retired from OTS in 1996. Dr. Stone was a member of the OTS Board of Visitors in 2000 and returned as Executive Director from 2004-2005.
- In Memoriam - OTS Board Member Richard F Fisher Jr 1941 - 2012